This is going to be an amazing weekend. Full to overflowing, schedule overlapping, non-stop excitement.
I hope I survive it. :)
Here are the highlights:
* Hopefully, our new T-shirts arrive (Navy blue and simple with a cool compass on the sleeve).
* Because of Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning (see below), we will be frantically cleaning our house, doing laundry and polishing things up.
* Leona and I are administering the SAT test for high school students from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Every extra penny's currently very precious. :-)
* Compass is serving at a big community event called, "Celebrate Roanoke" and the team is supposed to arrive at 11:30 a.m. Overlapping of schedules kick in here...
* Leona and I will grab a quick lunch on the way from the SAT, pick up our kids and meet up with the team around 1:30 p.m. We'll remain at this event till after 8:00 p.m.!
* During the event, we'll also be distributing flyers about our upcoming "Family Movie Night on the Green."
* Leona's parents arrive sometime in the afternoon. Hence, reason one for the aforementioned cleanup.
* Team setup at the Rec Center at 7:00 a.m. New series kicks off today and Kim is back to lead worship. Yay to that!
* Volunteer/Team run-through/worship service at 9:00 a.m.
* Public Worship Service at 10:30 a.m. (Biggest highlight of the weekend)
* Somewhere during the middle of the service, Leona's parents are picking up her brother from the airport. Hence, reason number two for the aforementioned cleanup.
* After teardown, we finally arrive home around 1:10 p.m. or so, visit with company, and eat a late lunch together.
* Afternoon - Company heads to Oklahoma; Leona and I crash on the couch. (Second biggest highlight of the weekend)
Cooler weather has rolled in, there's much to do and enjoy, and it's great to just be alive. I'm looking forward to what God does as we blast through a weekend of service, worship and relationship building.
Maybe I'll have an amazing story or two to tell sometime after the Sunday nap. :-D