Monday, June 06, 2005

Church Fumbles and Bumbles

How's that for a title?

Sometimes well meaning churches still goof up. They fumble; they drop the ball. The general heart of their organization loses a link or two somewhere in the chain of volunteers, someone misses the point, and the ball gets dropped. Other churches seemingly bumble along doing things that are way off track, and it almost seems as if they are intentionally doing things that are off course. I guess it's more of a "dumble" than a "bumble," but it's definitely a "stumble." Please don't grumble at my ryhming rumble....

Ok, speaking of getting off course...

Interestingly enough, I had the opportunity to see examples of both this weekend. One church fumbled and the other bumbled. I'll not mention names, because no church is perfect (I certainly know that we've missed the mark a few times) and I don't want to slam anyone, here. If you send me an email to ask what churches I'm talking about, I most likely won't tell you. What good would that do, really? These just serve as a reminder to me about things that our church plant needs to not falter on. So watch this space. I'll talk about each one in two separate posts...

No comments: